On the shore of the Gulf is the fertile Saint-Lawrence River Valley. To the east we also find the Richelieu River Valley. The terrain is moderately rugged to the Southwest, near the American border. The Northwest part of the region is bordered by the Saint-Lawrence to the south and the Ottawa River to the north. A large proportion of the trails are in the plain. There is plenty of woodland, mostly deciduous, and in particular, maple bush. The part located between Châteauguay and Boucherville immediately to the south of Montreal is very densely populated.
- Regional network:
18 clubs (2,202 Km of trails)
- Main trails:
5 at Cazaville (west) and at Saint-Pierre de Sorel (east)
33 at Saint-Télesphore (west) and at lac des Deux-Montagnes (north)
500 at Saint-Stanislas de Kostka (west) and Rougemont (east)
505 at Saint-Michel (west) and Saint-Hyacinthe (east)
510 at Sabrevois (west) and Wickam (east)
503 at the American border (south) and Beauharnois (north)
- Accommodation accessible from the trail:
- Snow conditions:
From mid-December until mid-March
To the Southwest and Southeast of Montreal on the South Shore of the Saint-Lawrence and the Ottawa Rivers, bordered by Ontario to the west, the State of New York to the south and the Eastern Townships and the Centre-du-Québec regions to the east. Served principally by Highway 20 from the Ontario border, Montreal and Quebec City, the 40 from Montreal and Ontario and the 15 from the American border, and Highways 112, 116 132 and 138 (from New York State). It is possible to access the trail network from various points.
Principal cities: Salaberry-de-Valleyfield – Châteauguay – Longueuil – Boucherville – Brossard – Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu – Saint-Hyacinthe – Sorel-Tracy
- The chasm at Franklin (trail 5)
- Dinelle sugar shack at Saint-Rémi (trail 5)
- Mont Saint-Grégoire (trail 510)
- The André l’Écuyer trail at Saint-Rémi de Napierville
- The Montérégie also offers 30 minutes access to all the attractions of Montreal.
From the region:
- Ontario to the west (trails 33, 312)
- New-York State to the south (trail 503)
- The Cantons-de-l'Est region to the east (trails 45, 505, 515)
- The Centre-du-Québec region to the Northeast (trails 5, 45)
- The Laurentides region to the Northwest (trails 33, 312)
- The Lanaudière region to the Northeast (trail 3)
8940, boul. Leduc, bureau 10
Brossard (Qc) J4Y 0G4
Phone: 450 466-4666 ou 1 866 469-0069
Fax: 450 466-7999
Sorry, there is no establishment member of the FCMQ Secure Hotel program for this region.