The first signs of your arrival in the Eastern Townships are the mountains. When one knows that the foothills of the Appalachians make up the landscape of the region, one understands just to what point the mountains are omnipresent. The landscape is equally composed of small, gracious, wooded valleys which tie in beautifully with the lofty peaks, some of which attain 1,000 feet in altitude.
- Regional network:
14 clubs (1 864 Km of trails)
- Main trails:
65,35, 45, 55: trail Trans-Québec
525, 542, 521, 538, 515, 580: regional trails
Circuit J.-Armand Bombardier
- Accommodation accessible from the trail:
1, 000 rooms
- Snow conditions:
From mid-December until mid-March
Some 80 kilometres from Montreal and about 100 kilometres south of Quebec City, the Eastern Townships are served principally by Highway 10 from Montreal’s South Shore and Highways 55 and 147, which lead to the United States to the south. Its 300 kilometres of shared border with Maine, New-Hampshire and Vermont give it daily contact with Americans.
Principal cities: Sherbrooke – Magog – Orford – Bromont – Granby – Lac-Mégantic – Valcourt – Coaticook – La Patrie
- The Museum of Ingenuity J.-Armand Bombardier (trails 35, 521)
- The Bombardier Recreational Products plant (by reservation and on weekdays only : call the J.Armand Bombardier Museum at (450) 532-5300). (trails 35, 521)
- The Mont-Saint-Sébastien observation tower (trails 55, 580)
- The Gorge de Coaticook Park (trail 521, 542)
- The Stratford Wildlife Pavilion (trail 65,55)
- The Valcourt Grand Prix (trail 35, 521) (for info on Grand Prix: (450) 532-3443)
From the region:
- Montérégie (trails 515, 505)
- Centre-du-Québec (trails 45, 521, 65, 525)
- Chaudière-Appalaches (trail 580, 55, 533)
- The States of Maine, New-Hampshire and Vermont (trails 525 and 65, 523, 521, 55 and 35)
20, rue Don Bosco Sud Sherbrooke (Qc) J1L 1W4
Phone : 819 820-2020 ou 1 800 355-5755
Fax : 819 566-4445
Sorry, there is no establishment member of the FCMQ Secure Hotel program for this region.
COMPLEXE LA SOURCE
Located on the shores of Grand Las St-François, the complexe La Source is a restaurant-bar with 10 motel rooms. Equipped with a heated and secured garage, snowmobilers also have access to a large ourdoor parking lot. Located less than 1 km from trail 55.
Single occ. $ 125.00/pers.
Double occ. $ 100.00/ pers.
Package includes:1 night lodging, 1 table d'hôte dinner, access to free heated garage.