You must contact your local club in order to offer your services. The club may then register you for the required training, which is held annually in the fall and lasts one day. Courses are offered in every region of Quebec.
Pre-requisites to become a trail warden:
- Must not have been found guilty, or have admitted guilt, in the matter of a criminal infraction related to the operation of a motor vehicle or off-highway vehicle in the past 5 years unless a pardon has been granted.
- Must have the age of majority (18 years of age).
- Have been recommended by his club or the Federation, or both
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Exhibit good behaviour and refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages
- Have taken and successfully completed the trail warden training course
- Use a suitable snowmobile
- Have knowledge of his club`s sector in order to be able to counsel others
- Have a working knowledge of mechanics and first aid
- Be candid, honest, courteous, dedicated and respectful of all laws
- Have the desire to improve the activity of snowmobiling
- Have the desire to promote safety
- Be willing to undertake all necessary verifications in regards to users
- Be willing to be involved in rescue operations and other social and cultural events
- Exercise discretion when the situation requires
For more informations contact us by email : email@example.com
Did you know…
It has been more than 10 years that Arctic Cat has been supplying 16 new snowmobiles (at no charge!) annually to the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec provincial trail warden program. Much more than a simple financial investment, it represents an essential contribution to the development and success of this program which is dedicated to ensuring the safety of snowmobilers.
The FCMQ wishes to thank Arctic Cat for its important contribution to the program, as well as its partnership in the promotion of safe snowmobiling.