Replacement permit - Online
You can purchase a replacement trail permit from your online account, only if you have already purchased an annual trail permit.
IMPORTANT: you must remove the sticker from your old snowmobile and keep it for any request for replacement. This proof is mandatory.
Moreover, by leaving the sticker on your old snowmobile, you expose the new owner to an offence since all trail permits must be in the name of the owner of the snowmobile.
- Log in to your profile;
- select the replacement option;
- complete the steps;
- enter the information of your new snowmobile if applicable;
- finalize the purchase with a credit card.
View tutorials for purchasing a replacement trail permit on YouTube (available soon)
Regardless of the circumstances that require a replacement, the annual trail permit fee originally purchased will be replaced at a cost of $30.00 taxes included.
You will need to download the original documents of your initial purchase from the FCMQ including the original trail permit sticker.
Do not send documents and payment by mail. Documents and payment must be managed through your profile.
Depending on the reasons for the replacement, you will have to provide documents for the evaluation of your file. For example:
- Snowmobile and annual trail permit have been damaged, the FCMQ will need photos of the damaged snowmobile, the damaged trail permit sticker, the original documents of your initial purchase and an accident report if available.
- If the snowmobile is sold, the snowmobiler must recover the trail permit sticker originally purchased by removing it from the snowmobile sold and the original documents of your initial purchase.
- Theft of the snowmobile, the FCMQ will need, amongst other things, the police report, the original documents of your initial purchase.
- Theft of the annual trail permit sticker, the FCMQ will need, amongst other things, the police report and the original documents of your initial purchase.
We recommend that you keep a copy of all these documents for your files.
In the event that the supporting documents are not received, the FCMQ will charge your credit card for the amount of the annual trail permit originally purchased less the snowmobile liability insurance fees and less the $30.00 fee already paid.