Preventive measure COVID-19
The platform for purchasing a trail permit, along with the interactive trail map and the iMotoneige application are now closed.
You still have have access to your profile and all previously purchased trail permits, however, you will no longer be able to purchase either an annual or daily trail permit.
This is an important decision that has been takin, as a necessary preventive measure for the safety and health of our snowmobile members.
We would like to thank our faithful snowmobile members, landowners and club volunteers for their support throughout the season.
We thank you for your understanding in these trying times and wish you a healthy and safe end of season.
Most of the sums invested in the purchase of a trail permit are returned directly to the club to fund the trail grooming operations. So if you buy where you ride, your money improves the trails you ride most often.
For the purchase of your 2019-2020 trail permit, you will be obligated to purchase it on-line, and this for all categories!
Distribution of the trail permit fees :
On a 2019-2020 annual trail permit sold before December 9th at $330, your money is distributed in the following manner:
- $42.60 $1 million liability insurance coverage for snowmobiler
- $21.40 $2 million liability insurance coverage for club
- $34.65 Federal and Provincial taxes
- $170.35 remitted to club
- $61.00 remitted to FCMQ
The portion remitted to the FCMQ, that is $ 61.00 per annual trail permit sold (18.8%), is redistributed as follows:
- $ 4.00 is transferred to Motoneige Québec magazine to help cover postage fees;
- $ 2.00 goes into a fund dedicated to promotion and communication;
- $ 10.00 goes into a fund dedicated to trails;
- $ 4.00 goes into a fund dedicated to clubs having a longer than average grooming season;
- $ 1.00 goes into a fund dedicated to volunteer recognition;
- $ 14.00 goes into a fund dedicated to trail groomer acquisitions;
- $ 5.00 goes into a fund dedicated to clubs services (liaison agent)
- $ 21.00 is used to fund the Federation’s ongoing operations
For additional information related to the public liability insurance included with your trail permit, please refer to the "INSURANCE" sub-section in the "TRAIL PERMIT" section.
Trail permit without insurance
You wish to purchase a trail permit without insurance?
Don't forget that liability insurance is mandatory for all snowmobile owners and that the FCMQ negociated on your behalf a civil liability contract with Intact Insurance for only $42.60 taxes included.
Compare your premium with that proposed by Intact Insurance and discover just how beneficial the latter’s offered rate is.