“Operation of a snowmobile on a federated trail is strictly forbidden unless the operator has a prescribed trail permit.” (FCMQ By-Laws, article 11)
Permit prices for the 2020-2021 season
The price of a trail permit includes the cost of the liability insurance, defined as mandatory under article 19 of the Act respecting off-highway vehicles, as well as all applicable taxes.
- $ 340 for an annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2020
- $ 420 for an annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2020
- $ 650 for an annual trail permit sold in trail*
- $ 260 for an annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (2001 and older)
- $ 220 for a 7-day trail permit
- $ 135 for a 3-day trail permit
- $ 65 for a 1-day trail permit
- $ 580 for an annual trail permit for a rental snowmobile
- $ 30 for a replacement trail permit
*Purchase your trail permit before hitting the trails!
Extra charges are payable when the annual trail permit is purchased on trails. Note that permits issued for antique sleds, as well as daily or weekly permits, cannot be purchased on trails.
Distribution of the trail permit fees :
On a 2020-2021 annual trail permit sold before December 9th at $340, your money is distributed in the following manner:
- $ 39.46 $1 million liability insurance coverage for the snowmobiler
- $ 27.54 $2 million liability insurance coverage for the club
- $ 35.56 Federal and Provincial taxes
- $ 173.44 remitted to the club
- $ 64.00 remitted to the FCMQ
The portion remitted to the FCMQ, that is $64.00 per annual trail permit sold (18.8%), is redistributed as follows:
- $ 4.00 is transferred to Motoneige Québec magazine;
- $ 2.00 goes into a fund dedicated to promotions and communications;
- $ 3.00 goes into a fund dedicated to insurance stabilization;
- $ 10.00 goes into a fund dedicated to trails;
- $ 4.00 goes into a fund dedicated to clubs having a longer than average grooming season;
- $ 1.00 goes into a fund dedicated to volunteer recognition;
- $ 14.00 goes into a fund dedicated to trail groomer acquisitions;
- $ 5.00 goes into a fund dedicated to club services (liaison agent)
- $ 21.00 is used to fund the Federation’s ongoing operations
For additional information related to the public liability insurance included with your trail permit, please refer to the "INSURANCE" sub-section in the "TRAIL PERMIT" section.